I was looking through my old photo's of myself on FB, and I found a bunch of people that I used to know. Some of them where sad, some where mad and hurt, some had trust issues....and some where happy. Those where the ones I missed the most. The happy ones. They had something so fleeting, that people spend their whole lives striving for, but can never find. Not because of any failings on their part, but simply because they were looking for it. Happiness is like that, it likes to sneak up on you, not to be pursued. I mean...whats the fun in that? Haha those people in the picture were so caught up in their own worlds, they didn't realize that they were perfectly content to be precisely where they were at.
What I failed to realize until recently, is that although those people may have my face, they are not me. I was them. But no more, so something I have to come to terms with is that I should not be looking over my shoulder, mourning the happiness I once felt, and left in the past. Nor should I look ever more into the future, simply to worry for what is to come, and what I can not change. I simply endeavor to live and feel, in the here and now. So that not one moment is wasted on foolishness, and all I have to give, is given to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment