There is something both heartwarming, and sickening, about a dead mouse, left as a gift for you from your cat. Haha. I never thought I could feel so touched by a lifeless rodent, much less one that was occupying my sleeping space. That's right! She waltzed right in through my window and dropped it on my bed.
Why, you may ask, is my cat coming in through my bedroom window? I live in a family of ten people and, only five of us are not allergic to cats. Its fairly lonely, especially since out of the five of us non allergic types, I happen to be the only true cat lover. Although having a cat to look bored while you poor out your soul to her helps a ton. But she never fails me when I am sad or angry, all she has to do is curl up next to me, and my heart finds peace in the rhythmic sound of her purring and the warmth that pours out from her little body.
I will never have a friend like Trudy the tortoiseshell cat, she is always there when I need her, and she always forgives me when I am over come with the need for a cuddle and can't wait for her to come to me. lol I feel so blessed every time she brings me a dead mole, or some other small animal. It shows that she is only trying to take care of me, and that she wants me to be healthy and loved. I thank God for my cat every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment