I made this blog to let loose some of my more violent creative musings. I have issues with this, because when it gets to to intense I have a bad habbit of spewing it all over any poor soul who happens to be in front of me at that moment, and it never seems to end well. haha So here I am, spewing it all over this blog page, because odds are that no one will ever read this, and I mean never. So this gives me the freedom to A: practice my spelling, and B: get all of my words out on paper, or in this case, screen, without anyone judging me. :D I already feel so much better.
So I have been thinking about confidence lately, mostly because I have such a great lack of it, but also because I feel it is an important part of every persons daily life. The need of it. The lack of it. The mystery of it. We spend so much time searching and longing for confidence, that it escapes us entirely. It is those that are indifferent to it that grasp it with ease and grace, but then...who among us is truly confident in and of themselves?? Not a one.
The only confidence we know of, comes from the uplifting comments and high opinions of those around us, and those truly close to us. Some do there best not to care what others say or do, and insist that it has no effect on them or how they act. But truly, we all know that there is no way to have confidence without caring or being party to these others feelings and thoughts towards us. Secretly, we hope that they like our clothes, or that hat we decided to wear for the first time, or maybe someone doesn't agree with one or more of your life decisions. What then?? What is there to do but change ourselves to please others?? Nothing else can be done, all you can do is not wear that hat....or change that outlook....or shop at a different store. Just so that we can find ourselves in the positive regard of others. That is not confidence....not true confidence. What, if not this, is true confidence, you ask??
Truly, it only comes through the approval of God. For only He can give us eternal regard, for he never changes His mind. He never decideds that we are not worth it, or that we aren't cool enough to hang out with Him. He loves us, not in spite of our clothes, or in spite of our political views. But because He chose to, and because he sees us as pure, and without fault, thanks to the Lord Jesus, He will never leave us. And that is what we can have confidence in, not ourselves or others. But in God, and His love for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment