Friday, October 19, 2012

My Brother, The Hero

So,  my brother wrote a poem. He is leaving to live in Portland with our older brother, John, and his wife, Rachel.They are nice enough people, but really big on the "do it yourself" point of view. Not that that is bad, it just means that he's gonna be pretty much on his own, which is more then a little scary. I mean, who wants to be all alone in life?? no one, that's who. But anyway, he is kinda a computer person, which means he isn't always fully in the world, its kinda a disadvantage for him, cause he was not dropped on his bum quit as hard as the rest of us....so the longer he is standing, the further he has to fall. I'm sort of scared for him. I hope that if you read this, you will have the grace to pray for him with all your might.
     This poem shows that he is scared as well, but he wont let that stop him. True bravery comes in the face of the unknown, for where most, if not all, would turn back, he will move forward, knowing in his heart and soul that the Lord has his back, and that is enough for him. I would give much to have such trust, in fact, I pray for it every day.

 As I Set Out 

As I set out in the less traveled way,
all my fears rise up to bar my way.

Showing me the worst that could be,
blotting out my hope to be set free.

But truth shines through like the sun,
letting me see what must be done.

I know it won't be an easy task,
or where I will end up at last.
  
But if I don't go,
regret will eat me alive.
For how will I know unless I try?

So, out doubt, out fear, and fantasy too.
What awaits me is more real then you.

For experience will soon reveal,
how the world compares to fairy tails.

A poem by Timothy Buckingham

No comments:

Post a Comment